Canned vegetables are very popular at any time of the year, because they can be used both for adding to various salads and for use as side dishes. Canned vegetables are made from both whole and pureed, chopped vegetables.
The production of canned vegetables consists of the following stages.
• Washing of raw materials (removal of mechanical impurities, microorganisms, etc. from the surface).
• Sorted by maturity, color, etc.
• Sizing, which includes the distribution of raw materials by size.
• Removal of damaged vegetables/fruits.
• Cutting, grinding, blanching.
• Sterilization of finished products, which is carried out at a temperature of +100...1400C.
• The final stage is the cooling of sterilized canned food with water.
The most popular among canned vegetables are: green peas, corn, pickled mushrooms, green beans, pickles and tomatoes, etc.
In addition to all of the above, some vegetables, if necessary, are subjected to the chemical and heat treatment (passivation, fresh sealing).
Canned vegetables produced at the “Sipan” plant are distinguished not only by their unique taste, but also retain their properties, nutritional value and mineral composition to the maximum extent, as they are prepared exclusively from environmentally friendly products grown in the Republic of Armenia.